Our client is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions for core industries.
Do you have what it takes to be responsible to obtain the best possible buying conditions with our client’s subcontractors and make sure to have them converted in pricing towards customers?
For their Ocean Freight Division in the Netherlands, based in the centre of Rotterdam, we are looking for a Ocean Freight Pricing Specialist.
What will you do as a Pricing Specialist?
The position acts as focal point between our client’s customers, subcontractors, the Corporate Ocean department and the network teams to obtain the best pricing and provide quotes towards their internal and external customers
You will also:
• Execute local procurement of ocean freight (ad hoc or long term) in liaison with the Corporate Ocean FCL department in Hamburg within agreed authority levels;
• Maintain close contact with local carriers and subcontractors;
• Follow up on quotations towards our internal and external customers
• Be part of the global Ocean Freight pricing network.
• Monitor carrier and vendor performance as per Service Level Agreement (e.g. transit-, ATS/ATA, document performance, correct & timely invoicing);
• Provide up-to-date information on the ocean freight product and market developments to the marketing & sales department (pricing, market-updates and promotion material) and the Business Unit operations;
• Observe and advise on all general – global Maritime and Corporate rules and regulations based on IMS and applicable SOPs and Standard & Governance guidelines;
• Provide technical knowledge towards the Business Units and the Marketing & Sales department when complex ad-hoc ocean freight expertise is required aswell on use and input in our pricing tool;
• Update MSR tariff & local charges;
• File and/or monitor local buying rates
• File, monitor and follow-up on local quotes
•An HBO/Bachelors degree in the field of Business Administration / Economics / Logistics or freight forwarding apprenticeship.
•Ocean Freight background.
•General Ocean Freight knowledge on FCL Containers, Less Container Load and Breakbulk.
•Knowledge of applicable General Ocean Freight rules and regulations, like but not limited to FMC Filing, AMS filing and Handling DG goods.
•Good understanding of NVOCC operations incl. applicable rules.
•Relevant working experience minimum 3 years in commercial/operational forwarding and/or shipping
•Procurement experience including service contracts.
•Good knowledge of local laws and regulations, experiences in legal matters and claim handling.
•Deep market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers, overall environment).
•Fluency in Dutch and English
Our client can offer you:
•Work in a fast-growing company with all the inherent challenges and opportunities that that entails.
•The ability to work as a Specialist in a company that is driven by technology.
•An international working environment/career opportunities.
•The chance to work with on complex problems and continues improvement.
•An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
•Good working conditions, benefits/perks.
Interested? Be in touch! Call Jan Gajentaan +31 6 24962131 or use the contact form hereunder >